Wednesday, March 23, 2011

jan 17, 2009



In this Body



I  came across this organization who had a booth next to ours at the Yoga Journal Conference, that helps teen girls in the juvenille system find self respect and happiness through the art of yoga. My heart started pounding and I knew this is something I can do! I always knew I am meant to help people ever since I was a little girl. The way it made me feel like a ball of fire was in my stomach meant this is what Im good at. Not to mention all the pain & torment I've been through needs to be put to some good use and it needs to be NOW not later.
So I left the conference thinking to myself, "what would I say to a teenage girl, locked up & broken?" I began to think of all the things I did & felt myself and this long journey I been on to heal. ANd it has been long.... up & down & all around but always ending up stronger & wiser at the end of each lesson. Then I had this overwhelming realization.....
Holy shit. This body I live in is awesome. This body that yoga and self care has helped me appreciate. This body that I abused so bad and put through hell & back 100 times STILL LETS MY SPIRIT LIVE IN IT. I still get to live & breath in this flesh. These feet still take me where I need to go. This heart still lets me feel love and happiness after alll the sadness. Not only that but its blessed me with a growing life in my tummy......HOW GREAT! It must love me or something. What have I done to deserve this? Maybe Ive done nothing and need to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide an email address